Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and creamy. My husband loves this! Prep time does not include boiling chicken.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, boiled and torn in pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) canmilnot original evaporated milk
- Heat soup, Milnot, and chiles in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- While heating soup mixture, tear each tortilla into quarters.
- In 13" x 9" casserole dish, layer tortillas, chicken, soup mixture, and cheese until all are used.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
The flavours of this casserole are great! The chilies are the perfect accent to the creamy sauce. I did things slightly different however. I cooked the chicken in a pan instead of boiling it. There weren't any instructions for the onions so I just sauteed them in the same pan and then added the sauce ingredients to that to get up the little bits in the pan. I also couldn't find corn tortillas so I used 8 large flour tortillas. My husband especially liked this! Made for my adopted chef for PAC 2011. Thanks Sammy Mae! :)