1/2 Photos of Mama O's Saucy Sweet Meatloaf
Wanted a meatloaf with a sauce that was a little sweet and this is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g meatloaf mixture (ground pork and beef)
- 78.07 ml water
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 59.14 ml onion (minced)
- 59.14 ml green pepper (minced)
- 1 tempo meatloaf mix
- 1For meatloaf preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a bowl mix water, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic and Tempo.
- 3Add pork/beef mixture, salt and pepper.
- 4Mix till combined and pat mixture into a loaf pan.
- 5Place in preheated oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
- 6In the meantime for sauce combine ketchup and brown sugar and set aside.
- 7In skillet fry bacon until crisp, remove bacon and set aside.
- 8Add tomatoes to drippings in skillet and saute on med low heat for one minute.
- 9Add ketchup mixture to skillet. Stir and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Crumble bacon and stir into sauce; set aside.
- 11When meatloaf has cooked for 20 minutes remove from oven and drain off any fat collected in pan (I try to use lean meat so there is not much).
- 12Cover meat with sauce and return to oven.
- 13Bake for another 20 minutes or until meatloaf is done.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama O's Saucy Sweet Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 726.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: