Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves malted milk balls. This is a quick and easy brownie that starts with a fudge brownie mix. Very quick and easy to curb those cravings.
- 566.99 g package fudge brownie mix
- 314.66 ml malted milk balls, chopped and divided
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie batter according to package direction. Stir in 1 cup malted milk balls. Spread into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining malted milk balls. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until set.
Mary, these were ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS !!! I had the guys over from work last night, and we all LOVED these. The frosting was wonderful. These were absolutely one of the greatest. Thanks for posting.
These are so absolutely decadent Mary. And, you're right about being so simple. Using a box mix and then just adding the malted milk balls. Easy, peasy. The only thing I'd suggest is to make sure you have a sharp knife to cut up the malt balls. I tried my handydandy chopper that I use for nuts etc., but that didn't work. The only thing that did was using a knife...a really really sharp one. I spread the frosting real thin too as I didn't want to make them too rich, per the fam. For me...things could never be rich enough:-) Thanks for posting and glad I tagged for the Photoforum!~