Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla,mix well.
- Sift together flour,baking powder,salt,cocoa amd malted milk powder.
- Add alternately with water to creamed mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Drop teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 about 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies and cool on wire rack.
I'm sorry these didn't work out for me. The batter is really yummy and tasty, but, unfortunately, inspite of having made it and freezed it for 3 hours, this did not work out. When baked, these melt and there is a total mess in the cookie tray. Fortunately, I used up only some of the batter. With the rest, I'll make round little balls out of the mixture and freeze them until it's time to serve them. Once out of the freezer, these really have to be eaten fast, or it's a big mess.