Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine. Sounds like an easy delicious meal.
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lean ham, cubed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package instructions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour intil smooth. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil and cook , stirring for 1 minute until thickened.
- Add the ham, cheeses, basil, garlic powder, and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through.
Great fast recipe...we really enjoyed it and it tasted very rich....perfect dinner for a weeknight...thanks
I've been looking for a homemade version of the parma rosa pasta sauce (pkg) that I make with ham & pasta... although I made a few changes, this is the one that helped me find the duplication. I sub'd yogurt for the cream & added 1 cup of tomato sauce along with 2 Tbsp tom paste. Due to the added sauce I up'd the ham, pasta, broccoli & tomato abit. I may try peas for the broccoli next time. Flavour was bang on, thanks so much for sharing.