Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lighter version of Streusel Coffee Cake.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and crumbly. Beat in the egg yolks, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to the sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until tiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour half of the batter into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and floured; sprinkle with nut mixture. Pour in remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.