Recipe by AndreaVT96
Saving to try later. Found in "Healthy Cooking" magazine. A reduced fat version of a heavier classic.
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add broccoli and onion; saute until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, 1 cup cheese, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour into a 3 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.