1/3 Photos of Make It Cheesy Tuna Bake
Caroline Cooks's Note:
This can be made ahead, refrigerate and pop into the oven for a wonderful comfort meal. Serve with steamed broccoli and French bread for an easy weekday. Adapted from One dish Meals. Prep time does not include refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups large herb & garlic-flavored croutons
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded (Swiss, Cheddar, Monterey Jack or combo of any)
- 1 (7 ounce) envelope albacore tuna
- 3 tablespoons pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1In bottom of lightly greased 9" baking dish, arrange croutons.
- 2In medium bowl, beat milk, soup, and eggs; stir in cheeses, pimentoes, and tuna.
- 3In small skillet, melt butter; add onions and mushrooms; saute until softened.
- 4Spoon veggies over croutons; spread egg-tuna mixture over top.
- 5Cover with foil; refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- 6Remove for refrigerator one hour before baking.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and bake 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 8Remove foil and bake to golden brown top.
- 9(May use broiler, if desired.).
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make It Cheesy Tuna Bake
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 163.6 mg
- Sodium 1243.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g