Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 30 Day Gourmet. My DH and kids think these are the BEST mashed potatoes. I don't make them this way every time, but they like it when I do!
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover.
- completely with water.
- Bring to a boil, then gently cook until tender.
- Drain well.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese, egg, garlic powder and salt.
- Mash well by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Spoon potatoes into spray-treated or greased 3 quart casserole or 9x13 pan.
- Drizzle or brush melted butter over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with almonds (optional) and paprika (optional), or top with bacon and/or cheese if desired.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days or label and freeze for later.
- Freezing and Cooking Directions:.
- Label and freeze in freezer bags or rigid freezer containers.
- To serve, thaw completely.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden.