Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A variation of Diane in Nebraska's Breakfast Casserole recipe. Great for large groups or working parents. Have the kids help with prep the night before, bake in the morning while the family gets ready for the day. Double the cheese if you want to make the entire pan cheesy. Gives you something to wake up for, and leftovers that work for any time of the day! Also a great option for Breakfast for Dinner night.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups o'brien frozen potatoes (1/2-inch potato cubes, onions, peppers)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 16 ounces ground pork breakfast sausage, cooked
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (double this if you are making the whole pan cheesy) (optional)
- Spray a 9"x13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and drizzle in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the potato cubes mixed with onions and peppers (I use Ore Ida's Potatoes O' Brien) in the bottom of the pan.
- Layer mushrooms, meat and any additional vegetables you would like. At this point you might like to add the optional cheese. We usually make half the pan cheesy.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour until set.