Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from Kraft magazine.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, pasterurized prepared cheese product cut up
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons kraft 100% grated parmesan cheese
- Bring broccoli and broth to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Stir in rice; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in velvetta ; cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir until velvetta is completely melted. Spoon into microwaveable serving dish; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small skillet on medium heat. Add cracker crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Stir in parmesan cheese. Spoon into resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Store at room temperature up to 24 hours.
- Vent plastic wrap covering broccoli mixture by poking a few holes in the top. Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through; stir. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs mixture. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using velveeta made with 2% milk.
we make this every Thanksgiving... it is a favorite!
This recipe was great for a tailgate howeveer I had an RV so could heat it in the microwave