Chicken Broccoli Casserole W/ Cheese
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Line a 9x13 dish with broccoli.
- Place chunks of raw chicken breast on top.
- In sauce pan place mayo, cream cheese, cream, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and bouillon cubes.
- Cook over low heat and stir until cream cheese melts and bouillon cubes dissolve and are incorporated.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Top with cheddar cheese, and bake for one hour at 350°F.
Very easy to put together and the sauce is indeed delicious! I used lite mayo and cream cheese to cut down the fat content, this may have made the sauce a little runnier than it should have been, but as Id steamed some cauliflower as an extra vegetable the sauce came in very handy. My husbands comment was "If you look away, I can lick my plate" lol Thanks for posting.
I really liked the sauce, but I thought that it could have done without the lemon juice. My husband agreed and thought that it was a little too sour. I will probably make again, but next time I will add the cheese the last 10 minutes of bake time, as it made a thick crust over the top. Thanks for posting!
see 7 more reviews