Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A thrifty way to recycle leftover fish and boiled potatoes into something new and wonderful from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup fish (cooked and chilled white fish preferred, but any fish will do)
- 1 cup cooked potato, chilled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style), your own recipe or store bought)
- salad greens
- pimiento, cut into strips
- Combine fish, potatoes and celery.
- Season with salt and paprika; mix with dressing.
- Arrange greens on chilled salad plates, top with fish salad, and garnish with pimiento strips.