1/1 Photo of Mahi Mahi With Brown-Sugar Soy Glaze
So easy to make! This glaze also works on other fish like halibut. The recipe is from Gourmet Magazine (Oct. 05).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200°F.
- 2Cut white and pale green parts of scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces, then thinly slice enough scallion greens to measure 3 tablespoons.
- 3Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and lemon juice in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook fish on 1 side until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fish over and brown 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture and simmer, covered, until fish is almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer fish with a slotted spatula to a heatproof platter and keep warm in oven. (Fish will cook through from residual heat.).
- 5Add 2-inch scallion pieces and juices from fish platter to sauce and boil, stirring occasionally, until glaze is very thick and reduced to less than 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Spoon glaze over fish and sprinkle with scallion greens.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mahi Mahi With Brown-Sugar Soy Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 1075.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 33.1 g