From the famous Magnolia Bakery in New York City. I substituted Almond Roca (a US Pacific Northwest creation!) for the Heath bars.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped (or hazelnuts)
- 1 cup almonds, roca brand candy minced small (or 1 cup Heath Bars cut up into small chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla chip
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- In another large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth; about 3 minutes.
- To the butter mixture, add the eggs and mix well. Next add the milk and vanilla extract. Blend for another minute.
- Stir in the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Add the pecans, Almond Roca bits (or Heath Bars) and the vanilla chips.
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Leave several inches between each cookie as they will need room to expand.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool cookies on the sheet. Remove the cookies after 1 minute and cool on wire rack.