1/1 Photo of Magnolia Bakery's Chocolate Drop Cookies
From the famous Magnolia Bakery in New York City. I substituted Almond Roca (a US Pacific Northwest creation!) for the Heath bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped (or hazelnuts)
- 1 cup almonds, roca brand candy minced small (or 1 cup Heath Bars cut up into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup vanilla chip
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- 3In another large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth; about 3 minutes.
- 4To the butter mixture, add the eggs and mix well. Next add the milk and vanilla extract. Blend for another minute.
- 5Stir in the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Add the pecans, Almond Roca bits (or Heath Bars) and the vanilla chips.
- 6Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 7Leave several inches between each cookie as they will need room to expand.
- 8Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool cookies on the sheet. Remove the cookies after 1 minute and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magnolia Bakery's Chocolate Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2414.8
- Calories from Fat 1450
- Total Fat 161.1 g
- Saturated Fat 65.2 g
- Cholesterol 363.9 mg
- Sodium 1465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 136.1 g
- Protein 34.8 g