Magnolia Bakery's Chocolate Cupcakes
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, and softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 cupcake tins with cupcake paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!