Goes well with vanilla or chocolate buttercream icing.
Make and share this Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla buttercream frosting (#133675)
- chocolate buttercream frosting (#134704)
- To melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler over simmering water on low heat for 5-10 minutes (about; stir occasionally until completely smooth and no pieces remain; remove from heat and let cool 5-15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers; set aside.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together; set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, cream the butter, using an electric mixer on MEDIUM speed, until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Add the chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla.
- With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overmix.
- Scrape down the batter from the sides of the bowl, using a rubber spatula, to make sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- Carefully spoon batter into cupcake liners; fill 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for 15 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Ice when completely cool.