1/4 Photos of Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Cupcakes
1 hr 25 mins
Goes well with vanilla or chocolate buttercream icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla buttercream frosting (#133675)
- chocolate buttercream frosting (#134704)
- 1To melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler over simmering water on low heat for 5-10 minutes (about; stir occasionally until completely smooth and no pieces remain; remove from heat and let cool 5-15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- 2Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers; set aside.
- 3In a bowl, sift the flour and baking soda together; set aside.
- 4In a big mixing bowl, cream the butter, using an electric mixer on MEDIUM speed, until smooth.
- 5Add the sugars and beat for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition.
- 7Add the chocolate, mixing until well incorporated.
- 8Add the dry ingredients, in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla.
- 9With each addition, beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overmix.
- 10Scrape down the batter from the sides of the bowl, using a rubber spatula, to make sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- 11Carefully spoon batter into cupcake liners; fill 3/4 full.
- 12Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 13Cool in tins for 15 minutes.
- 14Remove from tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 15Ice when completely cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g