When i was a little girl we made this at church one evening. I was so excited to try it out, and it really works!
- 1 cup oatmeal (generic works just fine)
- 1 cup wild bird seed
- 1⁄2 cup glitter (any color)
- We mixed it all together in a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Pour into baby food jars (all the way to the top) and take them home.
- Then on Christmas eve, just as the sun started to go down, we take it outside and sprinkle in the front yard.
- Make sure to sprinkle it all. (I suppose the more you use the prettier it would be when the moon light hits it, but it sure was pretty on top of the snow!).
- (Merry Christmas).