Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This cooks up to make a pizza "crust" and is quite tasty. Be sure and watch your crock pot the first time you make this, as the cheese can burn quite easily. You can change this if you want; add your favorite combination of pizza ingredients, or just stick to the list here - it's great as written!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped & seeded
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 16 ounces frozen kluski noodles or 16 ounces Reames frozen noodles
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 16 ounces cheese, shredded
- Brown ground turkey or beef with onion and green pepper.
- Drain and add spaghetti sauce and pizza sauce.
- Use a crock pot liner or spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Layer ingredients in the following order. (Make sure you cover the noodles with cheese and or sauce completely, or they will get hard):.
- Small layer of sauce in the bottom then,.
- 1/2 Noodles.
- 1/2 Sauce.
- 1/2 Mushrooms, onions and green pepper.
- 1/2 Pepperoni.
- 3/4 Cheese.
- and repeat, ending with the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 2-4 hours, make sure that cheese does not burn.
This is a great and easy recipe! I used hot ground sausage, added 2 T minced garlic and omitted the green peppers because I don't like them cooked. It tasted just like pizza but in a bowl! Thanks for posting this super recipe, angie!
This was AWESOME! My family loved it! I am always looking for quick recipes for our busy schedule and this will become a regular! Thanks for sharing!