Top Review by MKA from Cincy
My husband says it's not Christmas if I don't make these awesome cookies. I've even added dried cranberries to mine, too. Thanks for posting - I never remember how long to bake them!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° (325° for glass dish).
- In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven.
- Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
- Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned, cool.
- Chill if desired.
- Cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Variations; 7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars: Substitute 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch flavored chips for 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and proceed as directed above.
- Peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips may be substituted for butterscotch flavored chips.
- Magic Peanut Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups (about 3/4 pound) chocolate-covered peanuts for semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Magic Rainbow Cookie Bars: Substitute 2 cups plain candy-coated chocolate candies for semi-sweet chocolate chips.