Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from Nicaragua. The name means Heavenly Bananas. It's not meant to be an OVERLY sweet recipe due to the amount of cream and cheese. If you want it to be sweeter add some more sugar or honey.
- 6 medium bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup light cream
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Fry bananas in butter over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Arrange in a butter baking dish.
- Mix sugar with cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
- Spread cheese mixture over bananas.
- Add cream until bananas are almost covered.
- Bake in oven 350°F until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cream should not be absorbed.
I thought this dish was OK, it wasn't really a winner with my family. I think we were expecting a different flavor.
I made this with Rocotta cheese instead of cottage cheese, and it came out really good. I also added a little Creme de Banana on top of the bananas before baking them. It would be really good with vanilla bean ice cream on top, too.