Recipe by Xexe
This recipe is from Nicaragua. The name means Heavenly Bananas. It's not meant to be an OVERLY sweet recipe due to the amount of cream and cheese. If you want it to be sweeter add some more sugar or honey.
- 6 medium bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup light cream
- ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bananas in butter over medium heat until brown on all sides.
- Arrange in a butter baking dish.
- Mix sugar with cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
- Spread cheese mixture over bananas.
- Add cream until bananas are almost covered.
- Bake in oven 350°F until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cream should not be absorbed.