Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I learned a number of Malagasy recipes after I had been on a mission trip there. This is chicken with garlic and ginger and is pronounced ah-KOO-hoo mee-see sha-kah-mah-LAH-no. This is a common flavor combination and this is a common Malagasy dish. It is cooked with rice, a staple there.
- 3 lbs chicken (remove skin if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, fresh peeled and grated (2 inch)
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Rub ginger and garlic into the chicken. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place a small amount of oil in a large frying pan and gently cook on low until done, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice.