Malagasy Cake (Madagascar)
I found this after a mission trip to Madagascar. I had to translate from French. I tried to leave it in the "way" it was written.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pod vanilla
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated
- 1 pinch clove, crushed
- 5 tablespoons tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 4 bananas, very mature
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 4 eggs
- Mix in a pan, milk, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg and the clove, bring to boiling point. Withdraw fire, throw the tapioca in mix and put back on low heat, let cook 10 minutes while frequently moving with a spoon made of wood.
- During this time, make middle temperature heat the oven. (let's say 350F).
- Remove the tapioca of fire, withdraw the pod of vanilla add cream and move. Crush the bananas to the fork, incorporate them to the tapioca.
- Butter an ovenproof round mold.
- Incorporate the eggs, one by one to the previous mixture while moving well, place in middle oven and let cook 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or tepid in the dish of cooking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more