Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Healthy comfort food with lots of flavor and great vegetables.
- 8 ounces pasta (Rotelle, penne, linguini)
- 8 ounces fresh green beans
- 8 ounces zucchini (sliced thick)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 red onion (cut in half and sliced into thick half moons)
- 1 sweet red pepper (thin sliced and cut into 1-1/2 pieces)
- 2 roma tomatoes (cut into eights)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook pasta according to Package directions.
- Add green beans to pasta cooking water during last 5 minutes.
- Melt butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add zucchini, garlic, onions and peppers. Season the veggies with salt and sauté for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes continue sautéing until veggies are crisp tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add flour to vegetables and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add half –and-half, together with peas to vegetables, stirring until mixture thickens slightly.
- Toss hot pasta and green beans with sauce and vegetables.
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese and ground black pepper.