Recipe by Taylor C.
Its a light, healthy, comfort food that I promise you'll love. Just be careful...its addicting.
- 1 lb lean sirloin steaks, chopped, bite size
- 1 lb ground turkey, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans (Goya brand) or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (Goya brand)
- 1.5 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, NOT drained
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded, chopped
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 taplespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tony chachere's original creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped lean sirloin beef & 1 tbsn. of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until fully cooked; stir occasionally, once cooked place the meat in the crock-pot.
- Place ground turkey & 1 tbsn. of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until fully cooked; stir/break up occasionally, once cooked place the meat in the crock-pot.
- Place all the chilis (already chopped & minced) & 1 tbsn. olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes; stir occasionally, then place in crock pot.
- Drain all cans of beans (black/kidney/red or pinto), then place in to crock-pot.
- Pour entire can of whole-peeled tomatoes (with juice) into crock-pot.
- Pour 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce into crock-pot.
- Pour in the 3 tbsn. of chili powder & 2 tbsn. of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Stir in all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Set crock-pot to high heat for 4 to 6 hours, or low heat for 8 to 10 hours; up to you & your schedule.
- Occasionally stir (every other hour) the chili, while breaking up the whole-peeled tomatoes.
- Serve how you like, I prefer with Tostito chips, but thats just me. Enjoy!