Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my families favorite burrito filling. I cook this all day in the crockpot, make beans and rice and buy large burrito size flour tortillas and stuff them. I like mine with chopped onion, cilantro sour cream and avocado.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, picnic shoulder (for Carnitas)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- Mix all seasonings together and rub pork generously. Place in a crockpot with the 1 cup of water and beef boulion mixed.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred when ready and fill those tortillas!
- Serve with Beans anf Rice -- .
Excellent! I made 1/2 batch but used full amount of spices. Very tasty indeed.
My whole family loved this. I made some homemade Spanish rice, pinto beans, and guacamole to put in the burritos. So good I can't wait to make them again. Thanks for an awesome recipe!
This was wonderful. It was nice to have it cook all day in the crock pot and have dinner done when I got home from work. It was very juicy and tender. I've made shredded pork burritos before, but they never turned out this good. The spices are the perfect blend. Thanks for the great recipe.