1 hr 15 mins
A cake with the flavor of macaroons. The recipe comes from Southern Living Christmas Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/3 cups flour, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1Beat 3/4 cup butter with mixer until it is creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- 2Mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat after each addition. Stir in coconut extract and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- 3Spoon half of the batter into a greased 9 inch pan.
- 4Combine well the coconut, condensed milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract. Spread over the batter in the pan. Spread remaining cake batter over the top of the filling.
- 5Mix almonds, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup flour. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter in the pan.
- 6Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pan on a wire rack and cut in squares when cool.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.2
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 558.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 49.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g