Pre-freeze the macaroon candies before baking and they will retain their shape through baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 36 macaroon decorative candies, 145g box Neilson macaroon candies, freeze first to harden and retain their shape during baking
- 1/2 cup flaked brazil nuts, lightly toasted or 1/2 cup medium unsweetened coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Cream together brown and white sugar, margarine and vanilla and maple extracts.
- 3Beat in egg.
- 4Sift in flour, baking powder and soda and salt until combined.
- 5Stir in flaked brazil nuts (or coconut).
- 6Drop dough by scant round tablespoonfuls onto sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- 7Press a macaroon candy into the centre of each tablespoonful of dough.
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- 9Cool on wire rack.
- 10Freeze really well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroon Blossom Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: