Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Multi-Cultural Cuisine of Trinidad & Tobago and the Caribbean, Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook which I borrowed. The recipe doesn't say what kind of cheese so you choose your favorite. For a variation, you can add grated onions or carrots, chopped herbs and tomato.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Boil macaroni in salted water until tender and drain.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Combine macaroni, eggs, cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F. until firm, about 30 minutes.
This was super easy to make and delicious too! This is a nice change from the traditional mac n cheese. We liked this with some fresh black cracked pepper. Thanks for posting this recipe, Oolala!