Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe I created when trying to find a "chile Mac" recipe. My wife & kids love it and it is so easy.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) jarchunky pasta sauce (favorite?)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- fresh ground pepper
- -In a large pan/pot cook the meat breaking the meat up and drain.
- -Add onions, green pepper, & garlic until tender (5 min.).
- -Add water, sauces, all seasonings stir well and cook ½ hour with the lid on.
- -Add macaroni & fresh ground pepper stir well and simmer with lid on ½ hour.
- -Remove bay leaves and serve with garlic bread and parmesan cheese.
This was a tasty fast meal like a hamburger helper type meal. Great when you do not have alot of time to put something together but still want a homemade meal. This was delicious! Thanks