Recipe by Shelby Jo
From Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine, June/July 2009. Submitted by Sandra Matteson of Westhope North Dakota. "This recipe comes from my friend peggy. She brought it to a picnic, and everyone leave it so much, we all just had to have the recipe."
- 1 (7 ounce) packagering macaroni or 1 (7 ounce) package ditalini
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced fat salad dressing (mayonnaise)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onion, celery, cucumber, green pepper, and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.