1/1 Photo of Macaroni & Cheese Broccoli Bake
Two great tastes that taste great together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups macaroni (one box)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk (yes, you need an extra tablespoon in addition to the 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 3 dashes turmeric
- 3/4 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Boil about 2 quarts of salted water in a pot, and cook the macaroni for 4 minutes. Add the frozen broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 2If you're like me and get absentminded of what's in your freezer and how long it's been in there thus your broccoli is REALLY freezer-burnt, throw it in the pot when you put the macaroni inches Make sure it's a big enough pot.
- 3When they're all done cooking, remove and drain the macaroni and broccoli. Put them into a 2.5-quart baking dish, mixing well.
- 4Pour the milk into the pot and let it come to a low boil. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 5While waiting for the milk to heat up, combine the sour cream, tablespoon of milk, flour, and spices in another bowl to make a paste.
- 6Add this paste to the boiled milk, and stir thoroughly.
- 7When the mixture becomes thick, add 3/4 cup of cheese and it should melt on impact. Stir again to fully incorporate the cheese.
- 8Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni and broccoli, blending well. Top evenly with the 1 1/4 cups cheese.
- 9For the panko topping, melt the butter in a frying pan or saucepan and toss with the panko flakes until nice and toasty. Put over the cheese.
- 10Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese Broccoli Bake
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.2
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 676.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: