Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a yummy macaroni cheese bake that is a little different to the norm from womens weekly cookbook
- 473.18 ml pasta elbows
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 118.29 ml canned drained corn kernel
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 g butter
- 29.58 ml plain flour
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml tasty cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- oil deep ovenproof dish.
- cook pasta in pan of boiling water uncovered til just tender.
- drain rinse pasta under hot water drain.
- heat oil in pan cook onion garlic and capsicum til onion soft.
- combine onion mixture pasta corn zucchini and cheese sauce in bowl mix well
- place in prepared dish.
- brush pastry with egg yolk cut into 1 cm strips place strips over filling in lattice pattern.
- press gently against edge of dish.
- trim edges.
- bake in moderately hot oven about 15 min til pastry is browned.
- cheese sauce.
- melt butter in pan.
- stir in flour.
- stir over heat til bubbling.
- remove from heat gradually stir in milk stir over heat til sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- stir in cheeses and parsley.