- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) package Hamburger Helper mix for beef pasta
- 2 cups green giant frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Stir in hot water, uncooked Pasta, Sauce Mix, broccoli, carrots, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Garnish each serving with cheese.