This is the ultimate comfort food ever. This was my grandma's recipe passed down from my mother to me. Best thing is that it tastes even better reheated. Enjoy !
- Cook the long macaroni al dente and set aside.
- Dice the onions or put in food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add the tomato juice, tomato soup (do not add water), salt and pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes (until the flavors blend).
- Spread out the cooked macaroni in 2 (13 x 9) dishes and pour the tomato and oignon mixture over the macaroni.
- Make sure that everything is well coated.
- Cut the block of cheese in 1 inches squares (grate some for the top) and insert randomly in the mixture (push each square in the macaroni with your fingers).
- Put the reserve grated cheese on top of the dishes and pour a little milk over the cheese (that's how my grandmother did it).
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until bubbly.