1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese, Tomatoes and Onions Au Gratin
1 hr 5 mins
This is the ultimate comfort food ever. This was my grandma's recipe passed down from my mother to me. Best thing is that it tastes even better reheated. Enjoy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the long macaroni al dente and set aside.
- 2Dice the onions or put in food processor until finely chopped.
- 3In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and cook until tender.
- 4Add the tomato juice, tomato soup (do not add water), salt and pepper and let cook for about 5 minutes (until the flavors blend).
- 5Spread out the cooked macaroni in 2 (13 x 9) dishes and pour the tomato and oignon mixture over the macaroni.
- 6Make sure that everything is well coated.
- 7Cut the block of cheese in 1 inches squares (grate some for the top) and insert randomly in the mixture (push each square in the macaroni with your fingers).
- 8Put the reserve grated cheese on top of the dishes and pour a little milk over the cheese (that's how my grandmother did it).
- 9Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese, Tomatoes and Onions Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 1168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g