1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese
This is "THE BEST" homemade macaroni & cheese you'll ever taste ! ! ! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) bags of the large elbow macaroni
- 6 (8 ounce) bags shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Do not substitute the sharp!)
- 3 (8 ounce) bags sliced sharp cheddar cheese (Should be about 6 to 8 slices in each package.)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans of campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (Cayenne)
- 3 tablespoons butter (Melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1Take one large pot and fill it with water (1/4 from the top). Add 1 teaspoon salt and 4 tablespoons cooking oil to the water, and bring to a boil. Then add the whole bag of the elbow macaroni but only cook in the boiling water for no more than 10 minutes! (The consistency should only be half way cooked.) Drain the noodles and let the sit, but do NOT rinse!
- 2Sauce Mixture:.
- 3Mix in large bowl, the can milk, whole milk, sugar, soup, butter, water, both the red & black pepper, and the eggs. (Beat the contents together well.).
- 4Put in a 11 x 9 x 2 inch deep casserole dish or aluminum pan, in layers (In this order):.
- 51. First the macaroni (One flat layer).
- 62. Then the SHREDDED sharp cheddar cheese.
- 73. More macaroni.
- 84. Then the sauce mixture.
- 95. Then the SLICED sharp cheddar cheese (Save one package for the top of the macaroni).
- 106. Then repeat steps 1 through 5, until all is in the casserole dish.
- 11The last step would be a layer of the SLICED sharp cheddar cheese on top. Panko topping (Optional): Melt ¼ cup butter in pan, add 1 cup panko bread crumbs, add 1 tbsp paprika, mix well, and put over the top of cheese and noodles in casserole dish. (You can also grind up Goldfish crackers as your topping.).
- 12Now place the dish in a 350° preheat oven.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes (Covered), and 10 minutes (Uncovered).
- 14Take out of the oven and let it set for 30 minutes (for best results), before serving.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.7
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 1372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 48.5 g