Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
An Australian twist on the classic shortbread. Cooking time includes the chilling time for the dough.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made these for the DS to take to his adult music recreation group were they were very much enjoyed. I baked for 7 minutes at 175C fan forced oven and got 27 shortbread biscuits. This was a really easy dish to put together using the food processor and would gladly recommend it to any shortbread lover (as long as they don't mind nuts in their shortbread). Thank you Sarah_Jayne, made for Every Day A Holiday.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces macadamia nuts, plus a couple more chopped for finishing touch
- 1 2⁄3 ounces caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 ounces butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 ounces plain flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the macadamia nuts and sugar in a food processor and pulse until they reach the texture of fine crumbs.
- Then add the vanilla extract and butter, and pulse again until smooth.
- Add 4.4 ounces of the flour, and pulse until just combined.
- Remove and knead in as much of the remaining flour as you need to create a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough in plastic wrap, to form a log approximately 20cm in length, then refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the dough log from the fridge, cut into 0.5cm-thick slices.
- Push a few extra macadamia pieces into each biscuit, then remove the plastic wrap.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for eight to nine minutes, until just set.
- Cool the biscuits on a tray, then transfer them to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.