Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These were inspired by an episode of House MD, where Dr. Wilson makes them. They have to be tasted to be believed. Please note that when I made these, I didn't measure the ingredients, I just threw it together, so you may need to alter the measurements slightly.
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- If the mixture is too wet, add some more flour. If it's too dry, add more milk.
- Fry the pancakes in butter.
- Serve with maple syrup and cream.
Sushiman is allergic to almonds (calls them widowmakers) and I'm always looking for recipes that use the "other" nuts. These are lovely pancakes, if a bit heavy (I guess that's the nuts). Nice flavor, I needed a bit more milk because the batter was a little stiff, but that might be because I coarsely ground the macadamia nuts instead of chopping them. We served these with chocolate syrup and had them for dessert last night. Yum!