Recipe by Mims & Squims
This recipe was passed down from my Great-Great-Grandmother, Mrs Annie Surgi. I replaced the pecans with Macadamia nuts to give it a new flavor.
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped (can also use pecans or walnuts)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush vanilla wafers in food processor.
- Mix wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa, & macadamia nuts.
- Add corn syrup & bourbon.
- Roll into small firm balls, about 1" each.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Put in an air-tight container and cure for at least 24 hours.
- Will keep for several weeks in air tight container or can be frozen after the 24 hour curing period.