Doreen Randal's Note:
My Private Note
2-cm (0 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour, cocoa, mixed spice, pepper and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in ginger and nuts, make a well in the centre.
- 2Warm the syrup in a saucepan over a low heat. Sprinkle in castor sugar and stir continuously until sugar has dissolved.
- 3Add vanilla essence and bring to the boil.
- 4Once the mixture is boiling remove it from the heat and allow the bubbles to subside.
- 5Pour the liquid into the well in the dry ingredients and mix with a sturdy wooden spoon until incorporated. The mixture become quite hard to mix.
- 6Press the dough into a well-greased 23cm spring-form cake tin lined with baking paper and press down firmly with your hands.
- 7If your hands get sticky, wet them slightly.
- 8Bake at 170 C for 30 minutes. The centre will be soft and the edges firm.
- 9Cool in tin for at least 30 minutes before turning out on to a cake rack. Cool thoroughly. If possible, keep the panforte in an airtight container 2 - 3 days.
- 10Serve dusted with a thick layer of icing sugar and cut into tiny wedges.
- 11If making small panforte, divide the mixture between four 10cm greased cake tins lined with baking paper. Bake at 170 C for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macadamia and Ginger Panforte
Serving Size: 1 (1102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: