1/1 Photo of Mac & Cheese - Noodles and Co. Style
Noodles & Co Style Mac & cheese...The fun part is everyone mixing like crazy before we eat it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs macaroni noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups half-and-half cream or 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, fine shred
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- 1Cook the macaroni according to the directions to al dente; do not overcook!
- 2Heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and melt. Then add the flour. Start to whisk and make a roux.Whisk until the butter mixture starts to boil and bubble. Cook for another minute until it starts to lightly brown.
- 3Slowly whisk in the cream. Continue to whisk and cook until it starts to thicken up.
- 4Add the salt, pepper, paprika and Monterey Jack cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted. The sauce will still be a little "liquidy".
- 5Pour about 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce into the bottom of a bowl. Then add about 1 cup of cooked noodles over the sauce.Top this with about 1/2 c of the shredded colby jack. Top with fresh parsley for color. Before you eat; mix it all together in your bowl into delicious perfection.
- 6We keep the extra cheese sauce for quick leftovers over fresh noodles or vegetables.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mac & Cheese - Noodles and Co. Style
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 963.3
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 853.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 39.7 g