Recipe by Wendelina
Noodles & Co Style Mac & cheese...The fun part is everyone mixing like crazy before we eat it.
Top Review by cckc
I have been looking for a good mac and cheese recipe, and this one is perfect! The sauce has great texture, smooth, cheesy but not stringy. I served the extra cheese on the side and we really didn't need it, the sauce alone was so delicious. My son loves noodles and co and thought this was even better. Thank you Windelina!
- 2 lbs macaroni noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups half-and-half cream or 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, fine shred
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to the directions to al dente; do not overcook!
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and melt. Then add the flour. Start to whisk and make a roux.Whisk until the butter mixture starts to boil and bubble. Cook for another minute until it starts to lightly brown.
- Slowly whisk in the cream. Continue to whisk and cook until it starts to thicken up.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika and Monterey Jack cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted. The sauce will still be a little "liquidy".
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce into the bottom of a bowl. Then add about 1 cup of cooked noodles over the sauce.Top this with about 1/2 c of the shredded colby jack. Top with fresh parsley for color. Before you eat; mix it all together in your bowl into delicious perfection.
- We keep the extra cheese sauce for quick leftovers over fresh noodles or vegetables.