Recipe by grandma2969
I vary the color of the M&M's to the different holiday currently approaching when I give these as gifts..another favorite of the grandchildren
Top Review by Tornado Ali
I'm editing my original review because the first time I made these I used all splenda, and THAT was the reason the cookies were dry and crumbly. However, the second time I made them I DID add another 1/4 cup butter to the recipe, and they came out perfectly, so I would suggest 3/4 cup total butter instead of the 1/2 cup stated. Also, I used a combination of white and brown sugar instead of all white - personal preference, love the taste the brown sugar brings to the table.
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 295.73 ml M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix baking soda and baking powder with flour.so you can add flour mixture into one layer.
- Layer ingredients in order given into a wide-mouth. Press each layer firmly so it will all fit in the jar.
- Attach these instructions to your gift.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl.Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add 1 stick butter or margarine, very soft. (please do not use diet).
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix until completely blended. you will need to finish mixing with your hands as this is stiff.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place 2" apart on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated 375° for 12-14 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Remove cookies to racks to finish cooling.