Recipe by startnover
These were a staple in college. Never had a boyfriend who didn't like them (not like a male college student is a hard sell for homemade cookies!)
Top Review by frugaljan
If the cookies cook too flat, that means you need a little bit more flour. Here's how you tell: before adding the m&m's.......test dough with you finger......it should not stick to finger. Add a little more flour until the dough tests that way. The difference is usually in the variable size of eggs....which can change the liquid amount in dough a little.. Works for me every time.
Also, I used half butter and half margarine. I changed the flour to 1/2 c. whole wheat, 1 and 3/4 c. unbleached flour....very fantastic and my family unknowingly got some fiber.
- 1 cup margarine (this should have 65-70% vegetable oil in it to cook properly, check package)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla (please do not substitute)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces M&M's (plain)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugars, then add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and finally add 1/2 M&M's.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet placing remaining M&M's on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or lightly browned.
- Can make frozen balls of dough to take out and bake as needed.