Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
Ok, I swore I would never give this recipe to ANYONE, but everyone who tastes this can die, because there is nothing else left. So here it is.
- Have vendor that sells clams open them for you.
- Cook bacon until almost crisp (can sauté or bake). Set aside when done.
- Pour enough olive oil in bottom of pan to sauté (I'm somewhat generous with the olive oil). Be sure not to overwhelm the onion and pepper mixture. You don't want it to oily.
- 1 onion chopped pretty well.
- Sauté onion and chopped red pepper. (I use red pepper because it is sweeter taste than green).
- Sauté till onions are almost caramelized.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce on mixture.
- Taste mixture to see if it needs more Worcestershire sauce (we like it tangy).
- Spoon mixture over each clam.
- Crumble almost done bacon.
- Put under broiler for a minute.
- Don't burn bacon.
- Walla this is just the best thing EVER!
I steamed the clams open, and then broke off the shell without the meat. I used an orange pepper because that is all they had at the store. Well, this was fantastic! Clams are my favorite food and I wished I did not have to share! I will make this many times this summer!! The Worcestershire sause really makes the difference! Thanks!
Thank you so much for this delicious recipe. Being from Long Island and a family of clammers, clams were pretty much an everyday things. we had them every which way, but Clams Casino was always my favorite! Your recipe is quick easy and by far the tastiest. I was confused regarding a poster stating that someone could get food poisoning. when a clam "dies" it opens, and stays open. sometimes a clam will open and if you push it closed and it stays closed, it's still alive, but if it springs back open, then it's dead. never had a clam that stayed closed after cooking...ever...thought that wierd..anyhow...delicious! Well done and thanks for sharing!
Well, you gave the recipe to everyone, so you are not violating your promise exactly. Where I come from, you cook the clams and discard any that don't open completely because they are dead and no one knows when the they met their demise. Anyone eatiing clams prepared from this recipe might not die, but they could get food poisoning. This recipe is probably delicious, given the ingredients, but I won't use it as published. Do not eat clams that did not open on their own while cooking.