A+ Fitzgeralds Casino Potato Leek Soup
photo by Chef Lanibobonnie
- Ready In:
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 4 diced leeks
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 2 bouillon cubes
- 4 tabelspoons all-purpose flour
- 5 diced peeled potatoes (blanched)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- granulated garlic
- white pepper
- (NOTE): USE A HEAVY GUAGE POT AS THIS SOUP WILL SCORCH EASILY IN THIN COOKING POTS.
- Saute Leeks in butter at medium heat until transparent.
- Add Chicken base and stir one minute.
- Add flour, stir in well and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add Half-&-Half and potatoes; bring to boil, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes, adding a pinch of granulated garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serves 4-6 but it is soooo tasty that you may want to prepare double that amount!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!