Corn Crusted Yogurt Fish
I swore I wouldn't post a recipe that I hadn't made, but the San Diego Zaarites are hassling me because I don't have anything posted, so... let me know how it works out and I'll update this once I've made it! PREP TIME INCLUDES 15 MIN SIT TIME! This recipe is from the Dannon company, but seems healthy and easy to prepare. (If you can figure a way to bake rather that fry it, please z-mail me!)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets (4 pieces) or (6 ounce) tilapia fillets (4 pieces)
- olive oil, as needed to prevent sticking
- Combine yogurt and hot sauce.
- Add fish fillets to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain fish and coat with cornmeal.
- Use oil to pan fry fish 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon and/or tartar sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was delicious, and very easy. I baked it on 500, turning halfway through. It came out nice and crunchy. Changes I'll make for next time: I'll at least double the hot sauce, and I'll use a lot less yogurt and paint on because it seemed a bit wasteful to throw it all out. But this was great, and I never would have thought of it, so thanks for posting!
We loved this simple easy recipe. I used Denzel's Kamakazi hot sauce (it is hot), mixed it with 2% yogurt and painted it on the fish. Then I immediately put on the cormeal. I left the coated fish in the fridge for 3 hours. The flavor came through and I had no problen with the cornmeal flaking off. Will definately make this recipe again, Served with both lemon & Tatare sauce Thanks Tia Mouse for a winner