Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so simple and so good. From heating your oven to warm banana bread it will take you about 1 1/4 hour. By the time your oven is pre-heated, you will have the batter made. It comes out flawlessly every time. From the almost 2k recipes for banana bread here on food.com, there is not one like this one - I swear I searched, eliminated ingredients that were not in my recipe, and narrowed it down to 3, and none were this recipe. Recipe originally from Wesson Cookbook.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup banana, very ripe (I use 4 bananas)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, oil, and bananas. (I usually squeeze them out into the mixing bowl.).
- Add in dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Bake in oiled loaf pan for 60 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
This was the first time ever for me to make Banana bread, and only chose this as i did not want to waste the over ripe Bananas that i had.. It was VERY easy to make, i was surprised, it did not take as long in the oven, only about 35 minutes. I gave some to friends to check it tasted as it should, and they all loved it :o) so i will be making it again..Thanks.