Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Old family favorite (for grownups only) every holiday. Would be fabulous in the summertime too. A very sweet drink...not boozy-tasting. Best if frozen overnight - cook time represents time in the freezer. Makes alot.
- Prepare in large tuperware type container with lid that will fit in your freezer.
- Stir well, put the lid on and freeze mixture (overnight is best).
- You will need to give it a stir every few hours.
- When slushy, serve in a tall glass with half Squirt/Fresca (grapefruit flavored pop) or 7up/Sprite.
- Ratio 1/2 slush and 1/2 pop.
- Garnish with a cherry.
- NOTE: I have never made this with RUM.
- I have always made it with Brandy.
- The apricot and peach are the prettiest drinks-- the blackberry turned out the color of icy ditch water.
- We drank it anyway!
love this recipe. made it with rum (not flavored) and decreased water to 4 cups (was worried it would freeze too much) will try it next time with strawberries and lemonade. can't wait.
I love this recipe, very easy to make and you can make it a ton of different ways.