1/1 Photo of Luscious Ruby-Red Raspberry Sorbet
This intense raspberry sorbet is as pleasing to the taste buds as it is for the eye to behold. Please note "Preparation Time" includes time needed for the simple syrup to chill, time needed for the sorbet to churn in an ice cream maker as well time needed for freezing solid. If you are as eager as my family was to eat this sorbet, you may choose to serve it directly after churning without freezing for 3-5 hours, but please be aware that the sorbet will be softer and melt much faster. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Happy eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sugar and water into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolves. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Continue to boil for 10-15 minutes or until a thin, syrup consistency is reached (syrup should coat the back of a spoon). Set aside to cool. Then pour into a separate container and refrigerate until completely chilled (about 2 hours).
- 2Place raspberries, simple syrup and lime juice in a 5-quart food processor. Using a chopping blade, puree until mixture is smooth and frothy.
- 3Using a fine wire mesh sieve, strain mixture to separate the seeds to reach a smoother consistency. Repeat if necessary.
- 4Place mixture into the freezer tub of your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions for freezing. It took only 15 minutes for my machine to churn and freeze.
- 5With a rubber spatula, turn sorbet into a freezer container. Freeze for 3-5 hours or until desired texture is reached.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Ruby-Red Raspberry Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g