Fresh Raspberry Sorbet
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 lb fresh raspberries or 1 lb frozen raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice or 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine berries with sugar and citrus juice, crushing them lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Let rest at least 30 minutes, or until the berries release their juice (If using frozen berries, allow to rest until thawed).
- Transfer berries and juice to a food processor and blend until smooth; strain puree, if desired, then chill until cold.
- Freeze puree in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- When frozen, transfer to a freezer container, press a piece of wax paper to top, and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Join The Conversation